Although custom design and full installation services are available, working with stone can be a satisfying experience that is easily within the reach of the average Do-It-Yourselfer. Paloma Stone Products are easy to install, from crafting a simple stone wall to designing your own stone fireplace. Our products are light-weight, and no special foundation is required. Paloma Stone Products can be installed on any un-painted concrete or brick walls, with no special preparation, although it is recommended that a bonding agent be added to the mortar for insulation.
Application to wood surfaces is a simple four-step operation:
- Apply heavy building paper.
- Apply drainage screen (optional), such as Mortairvent. Contact Paloma Stone Products for details.
- Staple metal lath or similar product to wall to contain mortar.
- Apply scratch coat of mortar ½’ thick.
- Butter” mortar onto back of stone approx. ¾’ thick, and apply stone to wall with slight wiggling motion to set, assuring that all pieces of stone are evenly-spaced, and that all grout lines are straight and even.
NOTE: All steps and procedures must be in line with all local building codes. Please Contact Paloma Stones Products if further information on these building codes is required.